Pay-per-click (PPC) is an online marketing strategy that involves buying ads to appear on search engine results pages (SERPs). It is a form of search engine marketing (SEM) that allows businesses to target specific audiences and get more visibility online. PPC can also be done on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram.
PPC is a great way to generate leads and drive traffic to your website. In this blog article, we’ll explore what PPC is, how it works, and how it can be beneficial for your business – when done right and with the right ad agency at your side!
What is Pay-Per-Click?
Drive traffic to your website and turn site visitors into paying customers!
Pay-per-click (PPC) is an online advertising model in which advertisers pay for each time their ad is clicked. It is one of the most popular forms of digital marketing, as it provides an effective way to reach potential customers through search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo, as well as on social media networks like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and TikTok.
With PPC, businesses can bid on keywords that are relevant to their target audience, and then their ad will appear at the top of the SERPs when someone searches for those keywords. When using PPC in social media, advertisers implement a budget for their campaigns and then set bids for each ad placement.
How Does PPC Work?
PPC works by placing ads on search engine result pages (SERPs) or on social media platforms. When someone searches for keywords related to your business, your ad will appear at the top of the SERPs, or in the news feed of a social media platform. When someone clicks on your ad, they will be taken to a landing page where they can learn more about your product or service and take action.
Keep Reading: Which Social Media Networks Should You Be Using?
You are charged only when someone clicks on your ad, hence the name “pay-per-click”. The amount you pay per click is determined by how much you bid for each keyword and how competitive it is. The higher the bid and the more competitive the keyword, the more expensive it will be per click.
PPC is an effective way to advertise products or services online. It allows New Zealand businesses to reach their target audience and get more visibility. It also provides businesses with an opportunity to measure the effectiveness of their ads, as they can track the number of clicks, leads, and conversions generated from their PPC campaigns.
Different Models of Pay-Per-Click
There are several different models of PPC that your ad agency can use to promote your business. These include cost-per-click (CPC), cost-per-thousand-impressions (CPM), and cost-per-action (CPA).
- Cost-per-click (CPC) is the most common type of PPC model. With CPC, advertisers pay each time their ad is clicked. This type of model is great for businesses that want to generate leads and drive traffic to their website.
- Cost-per-thousand impressions (CPM) is a type of PPC model in which advertisers pay each time their ad is displayed. This type of model is great for businesses that want to build brand awareness.
- Cost-per-action (CPA) is a type of PPC model in which advertisers pay each time someone takes a desired action, such as submitting a form or making a purchase. This type of model is great for businesses that want to generate leads or sales.
Benefits of Pay-Per-Click
PPC offers a number of great benefits that make it a fantastic form of digital marketing.
PPC is a great way to generate leads and drive traffic to your website. Here are some of the benefits of PPC:
- Quick Results – PPC is a great way to get quick results. You can start seeing results within hours of launching a campaign.
- Cost-Effective – PPC is a cost-effective way to advertise. You only pay when someone clicks on your ad, so you don’t have to spend money on ads that don’t generate results.
- Targeted – PPC allows you to target specific audiences based on their search queries. This means that you can reach potential customers who are actively looking for the products or services you offer.
- Measurable – PPC allows you to track the number of clicks, leads, and conversions generated from your campaign. This makes it easy to measure the effectiveness of your ads.
What is Paid Search?
Paid search is a type of PPC advertising that allows businesses to target specific keywords and get more visibility on search engine results pages. Paid search is a great way to generate leads and drive traffic to your website.
Keep Reading: 3 Reasons Your Google Ads Campaign Isn’t Working
When someone searches for the keywords you have chosen, your ad will appear at the top of the SERPs. The ads are usually labelled as “sponsored” or “ad” so that users can differentiate them from organic search results. When someone clicks on your ad, they will be taken to a landing page on your website.
Pay-Per-Click vs. Organic Search
Paid search and organic search are two different types of search engine marketing (SEM). While organic search involves optimising your website to rank higher in the SERPs, PPC is a form of paid search that involves buying ads to appear at the top of the SERPs.
Keep Reading: What is SEO?
Organic search, via search engine optimisation (SEO), is a great way to get free traffic to your website, but it can take time to get results. On the other hand, PPC is a great way to get quick results. You can start seeing results within hours of launching a campaign.
Is SEO or SEM Better for My Business?
The answer to this question depends on your business goals and resources. SEO is a great way to get free, organic traffic to your website, but it can take time to see results. PPC is a great way to get quick results, but it can be expensive. Ultimately, the best option for your business will depend on your goals and budget.
The digital marketing experts at Digital Nomads HQ can help you understand which option will likely yield a better return on investment (ROI) for your business. With experienced teams in both PPC and SEO, we can help you understand your options and implement a winning campaign. More often than not, a combined approach provides the best long- and short-term results!
Start Your PPC Campaign Today
Digital Nomads HQ provides a variety of pay-per-click advertising services, including Google Ads, search engine marketing, and paid social media marketing campaigns. We can help you implement a campaign that’s best tailored to your target audience, budget, and goals.
If you’re looking to get started with PPC (or SEO!), contact us today to learn more about our services.